4 sweet potatoes
400g tin chickpeas
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon sea salt
1 4 teaspoons cracked black pepper
1 teaspoon cumin
300g baby spinach
1 garlic clove, diced
Chili flakes to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 220°c (fan forced) and line a tray with baking paper. Prick the sweet potatoes with a fork and line on baking tray. Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle salt and black pepper. Leave in the oven to roast for approximately 1 hour.
2. After approximately 40 minutes of roasting the sweet potatoes, heat a small frying pan with a drizzle of olive oil. Drain and rinse the chickpeas, pat dry with paper towel, add to the frying pan, sprinkle cumin and stir.
3. After 10 minutes, take your sweet potatoes out of the oven, fluff the flesh with a fork and leave to cool for 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile your chickpeas should be lightly toasted, add the garlic to the frying pan and baby spinach on top to wilt.
5. Slice your sweet potatoes in half lengthways, add the chickpea and baby spinach mixture in the middle. Drizzle tahini on top and sprinkle chili flakes if desired.
You can always play around with this recipe and use any vegies you have in the fridge or freezer. I think some nice additions will be mushrooms, onions and peas!
Meal plan Adelaide