• 1 x 400g tinned chickpeas
• 100g Greek style feta cheese
• 100g baby spinach
• 1 lemon (zest and juice)
• 4 large sheets of filo pastry
• 1 small tub Greek yoghurt
• Olive oil
• 1 small cucumber
• 1 small red onion
• ½ a bunch of fresh mint
• 1 handful mixed olives
• 200g baby tomatoes
1. Drain and add the chickpeas to a food processor along with the feta , spinach and lemon zest and blitz until combined.
2. Fold a large sheet of filo pastry in half, dollop ¼ of the mixture into the centre and bring the sides up and very loosely pinch into a parcel. Repeat to make 3 more parcels
3. Fry the parcels for a couple of minutes to crisp up the bottom in an ovenproof pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Bake in the oven until beautifully golden and crisp at 220°C
4. In the meantime, slice the cucumber and dice the red onion and add to a bowl. Add the olives and baby tomatoes, season with salt and pour extra virgin olive oil. Mix.
5. Finely chop and scatter the mint over the salad.
6. Take the parcels out of the oven and squeeze the lemon juice over the parcels.
7. Serve with a dollop of Greek yoghurt.
This recipe was designed for the Daily Moves program within the City of Unley.
Meal plan Adelaide