Makes approximately 10 cookies
1 x 400g tin chickpeas, rinsed 1/3 cup peanut butter 1 egg (for vegans, replace with 2 tablespoons of the canned chickpea liquid) 1/2 cup almond meal 1/4 cup maple syrup 2 teaspoons vanilla essence 1 teaspoon baking powder Pinch of salt Handful of sultanas
1. Preheat the oven to 175°C.
2. Use a high-speed blender or food processor to blend the chickpeas, peanut butter, egg, almond meal, maple syrup, vanilla essence, baking powder and salt.
3. When well combined, pour into a bowl and stir through the sultanas.
4. Roll heaped tablespoons of the mixture into balls and flatten onto a baking tray with baking paper (I like to use an ice cream scoop to evenly portion the cookies).
5. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until just golden on top. Allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
Meal plan Adelaide