Makes approximately 3 cups
Gluten and nut free
1 x 400g tinned cannellini beans
1 x 400g tinned beetroot
1 garlic clove
¼ cup lemon juice
½ teaspoon cumin or paprika
3 tablespoons virgin olive oil
Pinch of black pepper
Crackers to serve
Optional: 1 cup natural Greek yoghurt
1. Peel and crush the garlic clove using the flat side of a knife.
2. Drain the chickpeas and beetroot and pop into a food processor or blender along with the garlic, lemon juice, cumin or paprika and pepper.
3. Process on high speed while drizzling two tablespoons of olive oil and process until the dip is at your desired consistency.
4. Place in a serving bowl and swirl in the yoghurt
5. Serve with wholegrain crackers (or if you have time, pop the dip into the fridge for 30 minutes)
Meal plan Adelaide